True Vine Baptist Church
NEWPORT NEWS, VA
“WHERE THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD LIVES”
TVBC Celebrates its Silver Anniversary
Pastor Shearline Melvin
You are invited to help us celebrate our 25th anniversary on Sunday, October 28, 2018 @ 3 pm. The guest speaker will be Rev. Jesse L. Simon, Jr. and his congregation from the The Word Works Worship Center (T3WC) of Newport News, VA.
BLOGS & INSPIRATIONS
Healing is one of God’s Benefits
Since the Bible indicates that healing is a part of the reason of our Lord’s sufferings, and is inseparable from the idea
of salvation, we must assume that it is as much God’s will to heal you as it is to save you! And of course we know that
the Lord wants everyone to be saved (2 Peter 3:9). Here are five things a believer must adhere to:
(1) Submit yourself to God — As much as it is God’s will and desire to heal, such things as unconfessed sin, disobedience, unbelief, or unforgiveness toward others can hinder your reception of healing, and in some instances, could actually be the original cause of your illness. Any affliction should be a time for self-examination, to come before the Lord in humility, surrendering yourself and drawing near to Him. James wrote, “Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up” (James 4:7-10).
(2) Look to God’s Word — Read and meditate continuously upon the healing promises in the Bible. As you let them absorb into your inner man, it will bring a great sense of assurance. This is the confidence of faith that comes as you open your heart to the Word of God (Rom 10:17). “My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; For they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh” (Proverbs 4:20-22). How important it is that we focus upon God’s Word, as this is the source of His healing power. “He sent His word and healed them, And delivered them from their destructions” (Psalms 107:20).
(3) Pray in Faith — Place your faith in the finished work of Christ’s sufferings in behalf of your sickness or disease. Christ has already paid for your healing and has placed it into effect, making it available to you. Now it’s up to you to accept His finished work by faith. “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them” (Mark 11:24).
(4) Call for Church Elders — Request for the elders or ministers of the church to anoint you with oil and pray the prayer of faith over you. The Bible says, “Is anyone among you sick? Let him call for the elders of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven” (James 5:14-15). Notice that it says the prayer of faith SHALL SAVE THE SICK! Ask the elders and other believers to lay hands on you and pray. “…they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover” (Mark 16:18). Again, notice that it says THEY WILL RECOVER!
(5) Keep Believing — Don’t stop praying and believing! This is the most common reason why some people don’t receive healing. They get discouraged and give up their faith. Most would prefer to have instantaneous healing, but most healings occur gradually over time. Be patient and be steadfast in your faith. Keep praising and thanking Him for your answer. God will be faithful to His Word, if you will be faithful to believe! “…Do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises” (Hebrews 6:12).
Donna Mitchell 10/02
Christina Green 10/03
Orlando Bromell 10/10
Peaches Davis 10/14
Breon Bright 10/17
G. Rouse-Dublin 10/22
Debra Ferguson 10/26
Steven Walker 10/29
Charlene Bromell 10/02
Eunice Wallace 10/04
Carolyn Roberts 10/13
Kenneth Parker 10/18
Frank Phillips 10/25
Lawrence Stokes 10/27
Gwendolyn Colter 10/30
Our Known Sick and Shut-In
“I was sick and ye visited me.” Matt 25:36b
Notify the Church Clerk of any member who is sick. 757-561-9320
Let the children of God reclaim all that the Father has given them. Reclaim the power God grants us through the Holy Spirit. Reclaim His power through the spiritual gifts He has bestowed upon us. Reclaim the power to be used of God to change the world. Reclaim all that we are in Christ…to live as He would have us live!
Helping Hands Ministry is asking for canned goods and donations.
Thank you for making this an annual success!
Sunday School 9:30
Corporate Prayer 10:35
Morning Worship 11:00
Evening Bible Study 6:30
Bread Ministry 11-2
Choir Rehearsal 7:00
Van Driver for the Month:
Dea. Larry Powell Call: 757.660.2469
10/20 Deacon/Deaconess Training Workshop, 9 -2 pm
10/28 Church Anniversary 3 pm
10/29 Quarterly Church Meeting
Dress Down Concert 7 pm
Clothes Closet Open
10/31 Hallelujah Night